delcarpio98

I can't modify a text file to .py in Windows 8

I've been watching the Python Beginner Tutorial series on the Onestopprogramming youtube channel and in video 2, Kevin creates a new text file and renames it "helloworld.py" and changes the extension from .txt to .py. Then he's able to right click and press "Edit with Idle." 

When I rename the text file to helloworld.py nothing happens. I don't even get the popup asking if I'm sure I want to modify the extension. Can someone please help me?  Link to the moment in the video below.

https://youtu.be/hFhiV5X5QM4?t=25

Nothing to worry, Same thing happened with me.

You can insterd open that notepad file, then clik on file, then save as, there in file name replace <file_name>.txt to <file_name>.py and save it. then you ll find the python document in the location, where ever you have saved it

Hello everyone. This isn't a reply but was trying to get an answer to such a problem myself of which I haven't. I'm using windows10. If I try saving in the notepad as mentioned above there isn't any .py option besides the .txt and the all files option. Anybody with better knowledge please assist.

Thank you all